Wednesday, July 25, 2007

How a year flies past.....

Arguably one of the most cliche expressions of all time, how time has flown past. It has in every sense of the word this last year. Never have I once thought man this is the grind, just to see the weekend then back to the grind. I don't think i have ever held the weekend or even after work hours for that matter in such high regard. There is never enough time here in London.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't all enjoyable, sometimes you get into situations where you would like to say, screw this I'm going home but i have to admit of late i haven't thought this at all. With a year being up we are starting to see the transition occur with the Aussie's that call London home. There have been a few close calls already with the Highly Skilled Migrants Visas that are really the holy grail for those wanting to work past one year. We have had people burnt by minor technicalities while others have got away with murder, <3 British bureaucracy.

I cant help but wonder what changes there have been in Sydney. I have heard varying reports from people who visit home after being away, from nothing changing to the dramatic. A lot of here in London surrounded by Aussies, living with Aussies, going out with Aussies imagine ourselves to be in a bubble with our lives on hold. I used to think that too until, i got the time just to realise how much i have changed.I wonder how everyone is getting on at home, im sure there will be plenty of suprises in store. Back home in 1 week and counting!............

No comments: